We love Disney Cruise Line, who doesn’t? It’s hard to say what we love most. It may be the amazing food, quality service, incredible entertainment, or that touch of magic that you can’t put your finger on but makes you all warm and fuzzy inside. Without a doubt, our favorite day on a Disney Cruise is our day at Castaway Cay. It is truly a piece of paradise. Since towels, chairs, and umbrellas are all provided along with a great bbq lunch at Cookies you just step off the ship and have a perfect day in paradise.
So, a lot of people ask, “What is the best cruise itinerary?” The answer can be hard because there are so many great ports. The Caribbean is great but nothing is as breath taking as Alaska. The answer to this question can depend on how much time you plan to be on-board, where you are coming from, and the interests of your family members. One of my best recommendations for families though is a summer cruise that goes to Castaway Cay twice.
Why is a double stop at Castaway Cay the Best Disney Cruise Itinerary?
- First of all this cruise is available in the summer. That is a great time to travel so you don’t have to take the kids out of school.
- The itinerary is 5 days which is a great cruise length, especially for first time cruisers. Its a good middle ground between the 3 night and 7 night.
- Two stops at Castaway Cay…I’m not sure I should have to explain why that is amazing!!
- It leaves from Port Canaveral so you still have time to add a few days at Disney if you want.
- You are in port every day except for 1. That means lots of fun and perfect for first time cruisers.
For summer 2019 we still have these sailings available on the Disney Dream:
- June 28
- July 7
- July 12
- July 21
A family of 4 can take the July 12 sailing for only $349 per person per night in an inside stateroom (11c)*.
Let us help you find the best Disney cruise for your family this summer. It is not too late to book your summer vacation.
If you book one of the 4 sailings above we will give you $150 On Board Credit!
*Rates in U.S. dollars and valid through April 30, 2019. Offer is subject to availability. Other restrictions may apply. All amounts subject to
change. Gratuities and excursions are not included. See Disney Cruise Line website for applicable Terms and Conditions.