There are so many options for lodging when you go to Disneyland. Disney offers three on-site hotels–Disney’s Paradise Pier, the Disneyland Hotel and Disney’s Grand Californian Resort and Spa. There truly is something for everyone’s budget. Here are ten reasons why staying on-site at a Disneyland hotel is the BEST thing for your family vacation to Disneyland.
Disneyland On-site Perks
1. Checking into any on-site Disneyland hotel is going to be WAY more magical than off-site. Besides valet and bellmen, you may see a wandering character or two! Also, each lobby has a small children’s television showing classic Disney movies or shows to help entertain the kids while you check in.
2. The beds at the on-site Disneyland hotels are plush. Think of heavenly clouds of amazingness. Because of the nice heavy bedding, you can turn the air conditioning down and snuggle in for the night.
3. The special touches at the hotels are just classic Disney magic. From the headboard at the Disneyland Hotel lighting up and playing a song to the Mickey Mouse shower handle. If you want to overwhelm your child with wonderment, you HAVE to stay on-site.
4. The proximity is amazing! If you’ve ever been to Walt Disney World, you know a thing or two about walking. The two parks at Disneyland are about one football field apart and the three on-site hotels are all there too. You can literally get into California Adventure from the Grand Californian hotel!
5. The food is incredible! Most of the character meals at Disneyland are inside the hotels. Besides amazing service, the food is spectacular. Even the quick service locations have great food and Trader Sam’s at the Disneyland Hotel is such a great place to hang out in the evening!
6. Service is magical. We had cast members taking orders pool side and by the outdoor fireplace (YES! There is an outdoor fireplace!). I had conversations with everyone from Mousekeeping to security. Everyone is so willing to go over the top, even Goofy who was seen greeting families at the pool in his bathing suit.
7. The special perks you get while staying on-site is worth it! Did you know everyday one of the parks opens an hour early for the on-site guests? Did you know that there are ONLY 2,700 on-site rooms? Meaning you really get a great advantage at riding your favorite attractions with no line. Don’t miss nightly live music at Trader Sam’s or the amazing storyteller inside the hearth at the Grand Californian among MANY other things!
8. Did you know that you could send the packages you purchase inside the parks to your hotel? It is so amazing to be able to pick up that special souvenir without having to worry about carrying it around all day.
9. The pools are over the top! You will not, will not, will not find a pool that even comes close to the marvel of a Disney pool. If you want to relax on your trip and have some days off between the parks, picture the type of pool you want to be at. From slides to children’s games and parties, you will not be disappointed by a Disney pool. Plus, since the hotels are so close you can take advantage of a mid-day hotel pool break easily.
10. Safety is a given. Period. You can be absolutely 100% guaranteed that Disney takes this seriously. There won’t be any dark alleys to walk to, you won’t pass any beggars on the property, and you won’t feel compelled to lock the top lock in your room. Watch out for the stray cat or two, but they are just doing their job!
If you’re going to do Disneyland, try to do it in its entirety. Engulf yourself in the magic. I promise, you won’t regret it! Let’s get started planning your magical vacation to Disneyland.