I often get asked if Memory Maker is worth purchasing. My answer is always an emphatic YES! I love having my whole family in every picture. Knowing that the ride photos and character interaction photos are included as well make it a really wise purchase for capturing the magic of your Disney World vacation. However, there are some things you should know beforehand to be sure you are getting the most out of Memory Maker.
1. Be sure to purchase Memory Maker at least 3 days before your trip to save yourself money and to ensure it will capture all the photos from your vacation! And remember to link all the members in your traveling party together through your mydisneyexperience.com account so that everyone’s photos will be added to your account.
2. Check your park maps for Photopass Photographer locations. Stop at as many as you like as they will all take photos from different locations/angles/backgrounds and they all have different “magic shots.”
3. Ask every single photographer for magic shots! They will ask you to do something silly or that may not make sense – just have fun with it. These shots always turn out really cute!
4. All character interactions will have their own photographer. Be sure you touch your Magic Band or Photopass card to their scanner to have these added to your Memory Maker account.
5. The following rides have photos taken, which will automatically be added to your Memory Maker account:
- 7 Dwarfs Mine Train (a photo and video will be added to your account!)
- Space Mountain
- Splash Mountain
- Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin
- The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
- Rock ‘n Roller Coaster
- Expedition Everest
- Test Track
Enchanted Tales with Belle and Jedi Training have photos taken only of the children who are invited to participate. If you are selected, a photopass card will be given to you to link to your account, as these photos will not automatically show up on your Memory Maker account.
6. The following dining experiences will have photos taken, which will automatically be added to your Memory Maker account:
- 1900 Park Fare (Breakfast & Dinner)
- Ohana (Breakfast)
- Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show
- Chef Mickey’s (Breakfast & Dinner)
- Cinderella’s Royal Table (all meals)
- Tusker House Restaurant (Breakfast & Lunch)
- Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue
- Princess Storybook Dining at Akershus Royal Banquet Hall (all meals)
7. If your child has a makeover at Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, be sure to stop by Castle Couture afterward to have a princess photo shoot and link all of the BBB experience photos to your Memory Maker account. Photos taken from your child’s makeover at Pirate’s League will also be added to your Memory Maker account.
8. If possible, check your Memory Maker account at the end of each day to be sure all your photos were linked. This will need to be done from a computer as you cannot access Memory Maker from your phone. If any photos are missing, there is a link from your account to report missing photos. They are usually found and added within 24 hours.
9. When you get home, browse through the borders to add to your photos before downloading them. They have really nice borders for each park with the year included. These make such nice souvenir photos! Each ride that has a photo taken has a cool border you can add to the photo as well.
10. Be sure you download all your photos before the deadline!
Have more questions about Memory Maker or want some FREE help planning your vacation? We’d love to help! Just fill out our quote form here to get in touch with one of our agents.