You might think the phrases “Disney Cruise” and “saving money” don’t typically go together!
As a seasoned Disney cruiser and as a busy, active travel agent I have 5 incredible tips to help you and your family cruise with the best pricing.
- Book early. Prices rise as the ship fills, so booking the farthest out for your trip will ensure you the best availability and the lowest prices. The biggest tip is to book when the kids are IN school. If it’s during a school break, prices will be more! (Not sure when to cruise? Let us help you decide!) TIP: The Disney Wonder tends to have the least expensive sailings and the Disney Fantasy has the most expensive.
- If time is money, then using a travel agent is always the BEST way to save money. Not only can I help you choose the least expensive dates, I can place you in the best cabin for your budget. Worried about a quiet cabin? Want the easiest access to dining, or the pool or the kid’s clubs? A travel agent will help choose the perfect cabin. And my services are FREE. I can help with transportation, your hotel for the night before, excursion recommendations and so much more. TIP: Hurricane season is the cheapest time to travel. I can help narrow down the best time to sail.
- Is your family more than 4? Not a problem. Disney Cruise Line was designed with families in mind so you can choose from deluxe family oceanview (those sell out FAST) or a deluxe family verandah. Having everyone in one cabin can save money over other cruise lines that don’t have these options. Another option for your larger family is to get quotes for 2 inside cabins connecting! This way you have double the TV’s (so maybe your kids won’t fight over which Disney channel to watch), double the bathrooms (think teenage girls!) and a quiet cabin for those that go to bed earlier than the rest. TIP: Where you are located on the ship, can be important. Want to be near the soda machines? Or a close walk to most dining areas? Make sure you know where your cabin is and what may be above or next to you for noise. I’ll always look those issues up for you!
- Are you military or live in Florida? Or would you like to sail in a guarantee cabin (meaning, DCL chooses your cabin for you). There are special promotions offered randomly throughout the year for these paramaters. These rates come out VERY last minute. So if you can swing a last minute trip and you’re looking to just get on a ship, then this may be a great option for you. TIP: If the price goes down after you’ve booked, you can always call in and adjust your rate. Keep in mind some promotions have to be new bookings, so you may have to cancel and rebook.
- Make payments. This doesn’t necessarily save you any money, but it sure does help with the bulk payment due at final. When booking with me, you can pay the deposit and then make payments whenever you’d like. Set up a monthly amount and date or just call when you have some extra funds to put toward your trip. TIP: Once you’re on board you can save 10% off a future cruise PLUS get On Board Credit from Disney for doing so! Cruising Disney is addicting and once you’re on the ship, you’ll be anxious to go again!
I have many more tips and tricks up my sleeve! And I’d love to share them with you.