Here is my top 10 table service restaurants in Disney World. It is a variety of things including shows, character meals, and fun places to eat. They are all different so if you went down for a week or more you may want to try them all. Since they are all different I can’t really say they are ranked in any particular order.
Top 10 Table Service Restaurants
1. Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue at Fort Wilderness – An awesome dinner show that is family friendly, fun, and tasty.
2. ‘Ohana at the Polynesian – I love the food here as well as the atmosphere. I always get a hot meal here since they bring the main course around on skewers. The kids have fun here too even without the characters at dinner. If you time it right you might see some fireworks during or after your meal.
3. Whispering Canyon Cafe at Wilderness Lodge – This did not make the list just because Wilderness Lodge is my favorite resort. The restaurant is full of humor and fun, just order a large drink, ask for extra napkins, straws, or ketchup and you’ll find out. My kids love to play at the Lincoln Log table on the way in and have pony races during dinner, not to mention the food is awesome and you can’t beat the all-you-care-to eat-skillet.
4. Chef Mickey’s at the Contemporary Resort – This is a fun and festive buffet where your kids can meet Mickey and friends. We love to go here the first night of our trip. What a great way to kick of your trip!
5. 1900 Park Fare at the Grand Floridian – This beautiful restaurant has a great breakfast and dinner option. (So you get two for this one) Breakfast is the Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious Breakfast with Mary Poppins and friends including characters such as Alice, The Mad Hatter, Winnie the Pooh and Piglet. (the characters can change) Dinner is with the gang from Cinderella including Prince Charming, Lady Tremaine, Anastasia, Drisella, and of course Cinderella. Both meals are wonderful and you are just a monorail away from Magic Kingdom so it can be a great way to start or end the day.
6. Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater at Hollywood Studios – If you love a drive-in then you will have a blast here. Not a great value on the meal plan since the meal is casual but a fun place to eat none the less. If you are on the regular dining plan I would consider paying this out of pocket. It will feel like you are eating outside at night and watching a repeating circuit of sci-fi clips. If you have little children they may not like the dark or the clips but older kids would have fun.
7. Boma at Animal Kingdom Lodge – This is a huge buffet with so many interesting things to try. You must try them all. At the kids table there are more American kid friendly favorites so there is something for everyone.
8. Teppan Edo in Epcot (Japan) – This restaurant is fun for everyone when they cook on the table. The children are entertained and the food is good. My husband can get his sushi fix too while we are here.
9. Kouzzina at the Boardwalk Resort – This restaurant is inspired by Cat Cora. The food is Mediterranean and Greek. Most of all its delicious. I like the unique experience and being in the “presence” of a great Iron Chef.
10.Crystal Palace at the Magic Kingdom – This is a fun meal with Winnie the Pooh, Eeyore, Tigger, and Piglet. This buffet is a great place to enjoy an all-American meal. I love their salad bar as well as the great kids selections. My kids love the parade where they get their own flag and join in the fun.
We eat at most of these places every trip if we can and they never get old. Do you have a favorite that didn’t make my list? Let us know. We love to hear from you.
Return to Dining Main Page