Most hotels have 2 queen beds and are perfect for 4 people. What about bigger families? What are the options for families of 5 or more? Well, as a mom in a family of 5, I wanted to share some of the great options.
Value Resorts for Families of 5 or More
You can also get two guaranteed connecting rooms if there are only 2 adults in your travel party. Then you can choose any of the value resorts and can accommodate up to 8 guests with each room having 2 queen beds and a bathroom. Keep in mind that the family suites do not connect.
Moderate Resorts for Families of 5 or More
Fort Wilderness Cabins – This is a great option for a family with 6 or less people. Each cabin is on its own campsite with a parking space. The cabin can sleep 4 in the back room between a queen bed and bunk beds. The other queen bed is a sleeper sofa in the living area. There is a kitchen including full size refrigerator, stove, microwave, coffee pot, dishwasher, toaster, cookware and dinnerware for 6. There is also a table inside that seats six and picnic table and grill outside on the deck. The cabins include daily housekeeping and they will even do the dishes. This is a great option because you can cook breakfast every day and even lunch or dinner if you want. Groceries can be purchased at one of two trading posts at the resort or be delivered by the best grocery delivery in Disney.
Caribbean Beach Resort and Port Orleans Riverside both have similar rooms that are available for families of 5. They have 2 queen beds as well as one child-sized pull down bed. These rooms can have a maximum of 4 adults.
Adjoining rooms – Just like in the value category you can book two rooms and if you only have two adults you can book guaranteed connecting rooms. That is perfect for a family of 6-10 but only if there are only two adults. If you have more than two adults you can book two rooms and request connecting but it is not guaranteed.
Deluxe Resorts for Families of 5 or More
Most deluxe resorts can accommodate up to 5 with two queen beds and day bed. The day bed is the size of a twin and comfortable for most adults. I am 5’8 and it was fine for me. These resorts include Contemporary Resort, Grand Floridian Resort, Yacht Club, Beach Club, Boardwalk Inn and Polynesian Village Resort.
Some deluxe resorts also have deluxe rooms, 1 or 2 bedroom suites that can accommodate more guests. The Deluxe Room – Club Level Access at Wilderness Lodge or The Deluxe Room at Beach Club are both options for 6 that may be a great option.
Deluxe Villa Resorts for Families of 5 or More
Villas are available in several sizes. Studio, One Bedroom, Two Bedroom, and some 3 Bedroom Grand Villas. Saratoga Springs even has treehouse villas that sleeps up to 9 guests.
Resort Categories that sleep up to 5:
- Saratoga Springs – 1 Bedroom Villa
- Bay Lake Tower – 1 Bedroom Villa
- Beach Club Villas – Deluxe Studio
- Animal Kingdom Lodge – Kidani Village or Jambo House – 1 Bedroom Villa
- Boulder Ridge Villas at Wilderness Lodge – Deluxe Studio
- Villas at Grand Floridian – Deluxe Studio and 1 Bedroom Villa
- Polynesian Villas and Bungalows – Deluxe Studio
- Riviera Resort – Studio and 1 Bedroom Villa
- Old Key West – 1 Bedroom Villa
- Boardwalk Villas – Deluxe Studio
Resort Categories that sleep up to 8/9:
- Saratoga Springs – 2 Bedroom Villa (9) and Treehouse Villas (9)
- Bay Lake Tower – 2 Bedroom Villa (9)
- Beach Club Villas – 2 Bedroom Villa (8)
- Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village – 2 Bedroom Villa (9)
- Boulder Ridge Villas at Wilderness Lodge – 2 Bedroom Villa (8)
- Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Wilderness Lodge – Cabin or 2 Bedroom Villa (8)
- Villas at Grand Floridian – 2 Bedroom Villa (9)
- Polynesian Villas and Bungalows – Bungalow (8)
- Riviera Resort – 2 Bedroom Villa (9)
- Old Key West – 2 Bedroom Villa (9)
Resort Categories that sleep up to 12:
- Saratoga Springs – 3 Bedroom Grand Villa
- Bay Lake Tower – 3 Bedroom Grand Villa
- Animal Kingdom Lodge – Kidani Village or Jambo House – 3 Bedroom Grand Villa
- Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Wilderness Lodge – 3 Bedroom Grand Villa
- Villas at Grand Floridan – 3 Bedroom Grand Villa
- Riviera Resort – 3 Bedroom Grand Villa
- Old Key West – 3 Bedroom Grand Villa
Other Travel Tips for Families of 5 or more
Generally, one child under 3 doesn’t count in your room total. Keep that in mind as you consider your room occupancy number.
Remember there are often specials and other incentives including room discounts. If you are planning to cook and want to save money on meals by eating in a lot, it may be best to go with the cabins or a villa. If you don’t plan on cooking any meals and just want the cheapest price then 2 adjoining rooms or a single room for 5 at Caribbean Beach or Port Orleans Riverside may be the way to go.
Traveling with a larger family can have its challenges. Working with an expert that can help navigate the technical aspects as well as linking family and friends together through the app is even more important. We are always here to helpRequest a quote